Effective Date: 1/02/2020
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will revise the effective date above. Your continued use of our website after such changes means you accept the Policy as revised. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect and process your personal information.
This Policy does not extend to the collection or use of your personal information by Providers and Meeting Organizers. Also please note, as detailed below, WHEN YOU CALL ANY NUMBER ON OUR WEBSITE DESIGNATED WITH A “?” NEXT TO IT, YOU ARE BEING DIRECTED TO A NETWORK OF TREATMENT PROVIDERS THAT WE WORK WITH WHO WILL ASSIST YOU IN FINDING RECOVERY SERVICES. THE CALLS ARE ROUTED THROUGH ONE OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. BY CALLING THE NUMBER PROVIDED, YOU AGREE TO SHARE YOUR CALL DATA WITH OUR SERVICE PROVIDER AND THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. ALL PHONE NUMBERS ON INDIVIDUAL PROVIDER’S LISTINGS THAT ARE NOT DESIGNATED WITH A “?” ARE THE DIRECT NUMBERS FOR THAT PROVIDER AS REGISTERED WITH SAMHSA. THOSE CALLS GO DIRECTLY TO THE PROVIDER AND WE DO NOT INTERACT WITH, OR RECEIVE ANY INFORMATION FROM THESE CALLS.
If you have questions about this Policy, you may contact us via email at email@example.com.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
What personal information we collect and process depends on how and why you interact with us.
Personal Information You Provide Us
We collect personal information that you choose to provide us when you use our website or communicate with us online. For example, we may collect your name, email and any information you send us via our website, including information you provide through the “Contact Us” section or through online chat features and forms.
Personal Information We Collect From Third Parties
We collect your call data from third parties with whom we have direct relationships, including vendors that help us connect you with Providers and Meeting Organizers, some of which may be considered personal information (also known as “Call Data”). Call Data we receive typically consists of:
- The telephone number from which you called;
- Call destination;
- Your caller ID information; and
- The length of your call.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information automatically when you browse and use our website, some of which could be considered personal information (also known as “Session Data”). Session Data we automatically collect includes:
- Your IP address;
- Geolocation data;
- Browser type and version;
- The date and time of your visit;
- Your operating system, device type, and device model;
- Referring URL, if any (i.e., the page from which you navigated to our websites);
- What areas of the websites you accessed, browsed, searched for, or used; and
- Time spent on our websites and related statistical information.
We do not use Session Data to personally identify you. We use it to administer, operate, and improve our website. The process by which we collect this information is through cookies related online technologies. See our “Cookies and Related Technologies” section below for more information.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information to:
- Provide and secure our website and services, including to connect you with Providers and/or Meeting Organizers;
- Manage our website and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Conduct analyses and develop reports of engagements and market trends;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- Achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share personal information with the following categories of parties and as otherwise described in this Policy or at the time of collection:
- With Providers and Meeting Organizers with your consent or at your direction;
- With our wholly owned or affiliated entities for the purposes described in this Policy;
- With our service providers who help us perform and deliver our services, including: website management, hosting, and analytics; communications; form processing; information technology and security; advertising and sponsorships; and auditing;
- With the appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
- With legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a network partner to comply with applicable laws; and
- With necessary third parties in connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets.
Protecting Your Personal Information
While no one can guarantee your personal information is completely secure at all times, we use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality and integrity, and give us appropriate access to your data. Among other things, we use professional third party service providers and data centers to provide our website, and enter into confidentiality agreements with them where appropriate. Those service providers and data centers implement industry-standard measures to protect the security of the personal information we collect, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layers), firewalls, digital certificates, and encryption.
Retention Of Personal Information
We keep your personal information in line with set periods of time calculated using the following criteria:
- How long it is reasonable to keep records to show we have met the obligations we have to you and by law;
- Any periods for keeping information which are set by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; and
- Any relevant proceedings that apply.
Session Data is retained for 365 days.
You may choose not to use our website or call the numbers listed therein if you do not wish to share any personal information with us. If you are a California resident, you have additional choices, as discussed in the “California Residents” section below.
Cookies And Related Technologies
As noted above, we collect information about the device you are using through cookies and related online technologies like pixels, tags, and web beacons. We use these technologies when you interact with our website to improve their quality, store user preferences, and track user trends. In order for these technologies to work, third parties collect and/or receive information from our websites and elsewhere on the internet. These third parties typically collect information in the aggregate and in a way that does not personally identify you. As explained in “Links To Other Websites,” we do not control all of the information collected by such third parties in connection with our websites, and they do not process all such data on our behalf. You may opt-out of some of these technologies, but if you do, the functionality of our website or online services may be impacted.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our websites and to read the privacy statements of those websites for more information.
If you are a California resident, please note that we do not share information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to know and request access to their personal information collected and shared within the past 12 months, the right to delete their personal information in accordance with the CCPA, the right opt out of selling, and the right not to be discriminated against if invoking these rights granted by the CCPA.
Submitting CCPA Requests
If you are a California resident and a consumer of the website and our services, you can submit a request by contacting us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For requests that require identity verification, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity, including asking you to provide us with information to confirm your identity using the information we have on file. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please indicate that when submitting your request.
We will make good faith efforts to respond to your request. There may be circumstances under the CCPA in which we cannot, or need not, respond to your request. Any requests that can be processed by us will be done so in no more than 45 days from the date we receive your request, unless the law requires a faster response or we notify you that an extension is required. In case of an extended completion period, we will process your request in no more than 90 days from the date of your original request. Consumers are limited to two requests to know/access their personal information within a 12-month period.
Personal Information Collected, Used and Disclosed within the Past 12 Months
|Category of data collected from consumers within the past 12 months:||Source of this data||Business or commercial purpose|
|Identifiers such as a real name, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address||You||Provide our website/services|
|Any categories of personal information described in Cal. Bus. Reg. section 1798.80(e): telephone number and related call information, also referred to as Call Data (described above)||Call Data is gathered from you through our vendor(s)||Provide our website/services
Connect you with a Provider as outlined in the overview section.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the website, also referred to as Session Data (described above).||Session Data is gathered from you through our vendor(s)||Provide our website/services
|Geolocation data (as part of the Session Data).||Session Data is gathered from you through our vendor(s)||Provide our website/services
As noted above, with your consent we share your Call Data with our service provider(s) and the intended Provider and/or Meeting Organizer. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
Because our services are intended for adults, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors under the age of 16, nor do we knowingly share any such personal information with third parties.